The Summer School will be more than just taking a course: it is an excellent opportunity to experience an innovative and international learning environment while creating new networks with your fellow students - and let's not forget about the opportunity to enjoy typical Finnish summer activities in beautiful lakeside surroundings.
Our lively cities and cosy campuses welcome you, so make a smart decision and join us in the middle of (k)nowhere!
Read more about reasons to choose UEF here.
Expenses (to be updated for 2022 soon)
- Course/tuition fee is 500 EUR/2-week-course and 300 EUR/1-week-course in general. There is no tuition fee for the UEF degree students or applicants starting as UEF degree students in September. More information about tuition fees and reduced prices is available here.
- Accommodation costs ranges from 150 to 550 EUR, depending on your choice. More information and prices for accommodation are available here.
- Travel costs from Helsinki to UEF by train starts from 25 EUR. Bus cost starts from 5 EUR. Information on timetables for long-distance buses and information on timetables for trains from Helsinki or Helsinki airport
- For food, we advise to have a budget of at least 130 EUR. Lunch costs in the University cafeteria range between 2 and 3 EUR per day. The costs of having a dinner in a restaurant varies a lot depending on the restaurant. For example, a pizza costs 6-15 EUR, a hamburger meal (in a hamburger restaurant like Hesburger) is approx. 7 EUR, and a beer starts from 3 EUR during happy hour (usually from 4 to 6 or 7 p.m.).
- Social programme will be free to the summer school participants. Weekend programme has a fee of 20 euros. More information on social programme in available here.