Education in Diverse Cultures
Finland, Joensuu and Kuopio
|Study location||Finland, Joensuu|
|Nominal duration||7-18 August 2023 (5 ECTS)|
|Tuition fee||€500 per programme
There is no course fee for the degree students of UEF! Please check the reduced prices below.
Currently studying at Bachelor's level or higher
The entry qualification documents are accepted in the following languages: English.
Often you can get a suitable transcript from your school. If this is not the case, you will need official translations along with verified copies of the original.
The language level of the applicant must be at least B1 according to the European Language Level standard. You can do self assessment here: europass.cedefop.europa.eu/en/resources/european-language-levels-cefr
After completing the study unit, the student
• understands concepts and perspectives underlying the diversity in educational settings,
• can apply theoretical knowledge in observing the learners’ cultural diversity from different perspectives,
• can recognize and value cultural diversity and its significance in education, training, pedagogical activities, human encounters in work communities, as well as in individuals and their behaviours,
• can distinguish the factors that transmit and create culture in education and training,
• recognizes the significance of pedagogical activity for developing the cooperation and mutual understanding between the individuals,
• can evaluate the significance of shared expertise in operational environments of education.
The maximum number of participants is 16.
PARTICIPANT FEES IN 2023
-Participant, normal fee: 500 euros for 2-week-course, 300 euros for 1-week-course.
-Participant from a UEF partner university: 400 euros for 2-week-course, 250 euros for 1-week-course.
-Incoming UEF exchange student: 200 euros for 2-week-course, 200 euros for 1-week-course.
-Participant from company/organization: 1000 euros for 2-week-course, 1000 euros for 1-week-course.
NB! UEF partner universities include our international exchange programme partners (like Erasmus+, bilateral agreements etc.) and international network partners (like YUFE, YERUN, UArctic etc.).